I get a mini version of the feelings I get on January 1 each Monday. More accurately, I get a glimpse of those end-of-the-year feelings every Sunday night.
Hope. Excitement. Anticipation.
I look at where all my people and me have to be and when.
At that point, I sometimes feel DREAD. LOL
But I look at that week and find the times when we will be able to have meals together. Sometimes it's just one dinner and I want to seize the opportunity to make a favorite. I plan all meals (even the "what's easy to grab and go?" or "what will heat up well after all the games?"). I make the grocery list and the schedule the shopping trip.
![]() |
| Tostadas are a family favorite and so easy! |
I even write in when I have to pull out things from the freezer or prepare something that may be too time consuming the day of. This area has seen the biggest growth in the last two or three years. I'd forgotten how crazy meal time was before I started tackling it this way.
Then I schedule laundry and when I will run other errands. I write in when I may be able to tackle a project.
Especially the stuff I avoid. I make a date with my closet or the utility drawer and then chip away at it. I give myself permission to stop at the pre-determined time. And rather than feel like I didn't finish, I know I got SOME of it done and know I will come back and work on it again until it's completed.
"What gets scheduled gets done." -Michael Hyatt
I see where I have space to have lunch with a friend. This is another area of growth. I trust that my "work" is getting done and I can take a few hours to nurture a friendship.
I love Mondays. I wake up feeling ready for the week because I've made a plan.
So I was delighted to see that January 1 of this year is on a Monday. Seems so fitting.
So enjoy stepping into this year. I'm excited to execute my plans.
One baby step at a time. Scheduling what matters.
Praying for you. Stay focused. Don't let the year just happen to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment