Saturday, May 13, 2017

praying for kiddos

This is my final installment of my "sharing" about my year in BSF.  This is a list I kept close as I prayed for the kiddos in my class--and my own kids.


I would take one prompt and pray for all of them or use it during the day in the classroom as I got one-on-one time.  I'm sure it came from the manual somewhere.... or maybe one of the home training lessons.

I'd pray--and you can too:
  • For a deeper understanding of God
  • For recognition that God desires a relationship with them (individually, uniquely)
  • For salvation or assurance of salvation
  • For a passion for God's Word
  • For a faith that is their OWN, not their parent nor some other influential Christian in their life
  • That they would have a growing concern for the spiritual growth of others
  • That they would witness to their family and community
These were specific for our lessons, but you can let your own bible study point you to what you should pray for your kids:
  • For understanding of a specific attribute of God from that week's lesson
  • Using a verse or principle from that week's Scripture passage
  • For a clear understanding of the main truth from that week
Be intentional and PRAY for the little humans God has appointed for you to invest in (whether they are related to you by blood or not). 

The enemy HATES children.  Just look at the assault on children, from abortion to trafficking to the way they are viewed as inconveniences, less valuable, and second-class citizens (even in the church where "it's JUST children's ministry, any warm body will do" attitude is common).  Who do you think gave those ancient cultures ideas about child sacrifice?  I won't begin to list the modern-day altars at which children and their care are being sacrificed....

That will be something for another day...

For now, realize that the data shows that the majority of people come to saving faith before the age of 14.  Children matter. 

Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment