Can I tell you a bit about what goes through my head?
In Christ Alone
(Getty, Townsend)
In Christ alone, my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All, here in the love of Christ I stand.
Jesus is my ONLY hope. Because of Him I can look forward to a beautiful eternity--no matter how bad it gets, I don't have to despair. One day all will be made right and new and perfect. I can actively hope as I wait for that day. This isn't a "wish," as in "I wish that things turn out for the best." It is a firm trust because I KNOW it is certain.
Jesus sheds light on the world around me and even in my own soul. He gives me strength for each moment of my day. His love is wide and deep. I can rest in Him and be still. He comforts me. All of this causes my soul to SING. What a gift from God music is!
In Christ alone, who took on flesh, Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness, scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died, the wrath of God was satisfied.
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid; Here in the death of Christ I live.
It's Christmas, y'all! The Almighty Creator of the Universe poured Himself into a tiny human baby. Infants are totally vulnerable because EVERYTHING has to be done for them. He chose to do that! For us! What love! And yet, He was rejected and persecuted by those He came to rescue. He was executed as a criminal, to die a horrid death. Crucifixion has been reported as the most cruel way to administer capital punishment. And this is how Jesus took the wrath of God.
The eternal and unending God paid for all the sin of all humans for all time, past, present, future--all on Him. Good Friday. Not good for Jesus in that the wrath of God that was meant for me, for you, for the entire world. He put on our sin and gave us His righteousness. What an exchange! And because of His death, I can live. What mercy! What grace!
There in the ground His body lay, Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious Day, Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine, bought with the precious blood of Christ.
They took Him down off that cross and laid Him in a rich man's tomb. I wonder how Satan celebrated since he thought he'd won. Poor devil, had no clue Sunday was coming. Easter!!! The amazing power of God brought Jesus back to life. And not just gave breath to that beaten and mutilated body that had been put in the tomb days before, but glorified Him. The power of God transformed Jesus' body to a new and perfect one that would never see death again!
He is victorious over death and because I am His, that enemy has been defeated, de-fanged. I don't have to fear--it has NOTHING on me! I belong to Jesus, His blood bought me from the marketplace of sin.
No guilt in life, no fear in death, This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow/r of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns of calls me home, Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.
And NOW, there is no condemnation, nor will there ever be for any one who belongs to Jesus. The enemy can't accuse us of owing anything--Jesus paid that debt in full! So I can live and not be afraid of anything, not even death. Because the power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in me. Whoa!
He is in charge of my life until my time on this earth is done. NOTHING can thwart His will for me--not even me! I cannot screw up the plans God has. So until He calls me home or comes back for me and I meet Him in the air, I will STAND firm in the power of the Spirit of God, who is the author of salvation.
I mean, who would have thought this up? The HERO created people. They screwed up. The HERO knew that the only way to make things right was for Him to come and live on earth as a human. He would live a perfect life, and die in the worst way possible--so that He could be the perfect substitute, a spotless Lamb that takes away the sin of the world.
What MERCY--we don't get what we deserve. We deserve to suffer the consequences of not being able to pay our debt. He paid our debt. But not just that. GRACE--He lavishes on us grace upon grace because of His resurrection. He shows us favor and gives us all that we need for this life, to live it for Him.
He doesn't promise us ease and comfort--don't be fooled to believe your life will be "fixed" and you'll be healthy and wealthy. He promises Himself and the riches and glory of eternity with Him.
While we're on this earth, we live with God's power in us. We are part of His Forever Family!
Only because of Jesus.
Thank you, Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment