Or we try all sorts of things, and then give up and pray.
Or we don't know what to do, and "we can at least pray."
We (as Americans in particular) are so wired to be on task and to be "productive." It's hard to be still. And we feel like slackers if we're not actively DOING something. How do we "contribute" unless we "do" something measurable?
I have been challenged to pray first, and pray often--at all steps of a project or meeting or task. I pray because God gives wisdom and insight and acts on behalf of those who seek Him.
I am not saying doing is unnecessary, because obedience is often expressed in an action. We don't "just pray." We pray and then we obey.
Praying keeps us dependent on the one directing this whole thing.
I challenge you: Pray first and pray often.
No comments:
Post a Comment