What is man that You [e]take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? Psalm 8:4
And I tell people, if they listen, that reading His Word is how you get to KNOW God. We aren't reading a biography so we can get to know details about God, we are reading His Living Word because He has CHOSEN to tell us things about Himself.
And I also tell people that the only way to be kept from error, from deception, is to know the REAL thing. To know the Truth of God so well that when someone offers up an opinion or presents something as fact that doesn't quite line up with what the Bible says, then you will discern.
I say all these things (and more). And I do read. And study. And yet, I struggle.
In 2017, I am again working to develop the habit of being in His Word. I also want to meditate on what I read and not just check a box. Blogging is helping me. Maybe people read, but I'm also trying to not let that be my reason.
This article from Desiring God has helped me untangle some of my motivation for reading the Bible. I pray it helps you.
Let's spend time in His Word so that we can become more like Jesus. Who's in?
No comments:
Post a Comment