Saturday, March 29, 2008

God is so patient with me

i just deleted a post i was writing...i was trying to analyze why i'd been in such a funk. but i think that' s why i was a mess, because i was focusing on what was going wrong. sometimes my selfishness and self-absorption disgusts me.

there is value in evaluating past actions, but not if i'm using them to justify my sin. i have been prideful and self-centered and disrespectful and unkind. my heart breaks now that i see how i grieved the Holy Spirit. God is so patient.

and He LOVES me inspite of me and because of me. it's a beautiful mystery.

please pray that i get back on track with my quiet time. and thank you for praying before--the slippery slope wasn't so slippery afterall. :)

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your suggestion of V-8! I had completely forgot about that. thank you! I will go get some now. And, I also have a problem having a consistent quiet time. God is patient and he loves us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can very much relate to the consistent quiet time struggle, particularly after the time change. Thanks so much for your encouraging post. Please know that I am praying for you, and I'm so glad we do have this resource as an opportunity to encourage and pray for one another.

    ReplyDelete