Today’s devotional was no exception—am I serving God without a vision? Without a call? Out of common sense? Am I doing something for God because I know I can do it well? Am I choosing to lean on MY understanding? I would rather surrender my whole life to God and let Him worth THROUGH me.
As I have been praying about my service for next year, I have been asking God to clearly show me where I should be. Oh, and here are my parameters—I want to work with believers, of course, women, not necessarily young mothers, but since I’m in that season, maybe that would makes sense, and blah, blah, blah. By the time I’m done listing what I should and should not be doing, I’ve forgotten I was ASKING a question, and have put myself in a corner and have my “answer.” Ridiculous, eh? What I am really doing is putting limits on what I’ll GIVE to God.
I DO NOT want to operate like that. I want to trust that my almighty, ever-loving Father knows me better than I know myself t and he’s going to put me where I need to be—to serve those I will serve and to minister to me in the process.
I am receiving opportunities to serve and I need God’s wisdom for when I should say “yes” and when to say “no.” For now, all I truly know for sure is that I need to KNOW my God and learn His voice so that in the noise of all the “good stuff,” I will hear Him calling me to His best for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment