Saturday, March 22, 2014

Change is a good thing

Life IS training.  I chose the blog name years ago because I wanted to document what God was using in my life to train me for what was coming.  He has done so much--some fun and some not so fun--to mold me and shape me.

He is faithful to prepare us for what He has in store for us.  I, however, have not been very faithful to document what He has been doing. Perhaps I thought I had to have it all figured out before I could post something.  I wrote hundreds of posts in my head.  I think they were pretty insightful.  :)


But sharing those stories and those thoughts has been missing.  I want to change that.  I also realize that I've said this before. I have said, "This time I will blog more."  I think my expectations have to be relaxed.  As I process things, I am usually all over the place.  I see connections, but sometimes it's not so clean cut.  I have to let go of any perfectionism that is keeping from just putting it out there.

I also think that I have been affected by who I think will read this.  I think I need to let go of that too.  If you find this and it affects you in any way, that will be gravy--at least for now.

I will find my voice.

I will be here more often because that is part of training:  showing up consistently whether I feel like it or not.  Show up and write three times a week.  That is my goal right now.

The analogy of life as a marathon has been so real to me these last few years that I've been running.  My latest and third half marathon was quite pathetic.  My training was sporadic--so I wasn't surprised.  But this year, I am determined to train well for a FULL marathon.

I have programmed training runs just like I have programmed time to journal.

If you find this and are a praying person, please pray for my discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment