Monday, October 19, 2015

Overwhelmed by Majesty

I think I have to interrupt this train of thought about prayer, to explore something that happened on Sunday morning.

It really is about prayer too actually.

Not sure when I started doing this, but in the last year, I have come to regard the singing portion of Sunday morning worship as prayer set to music.  More often than not, the lyrics to the songs that we sing are prayers to God. 

(Once in a while the lyrics don't quite work this way, and I have a harder time focusing on God as I sing those.)

This last Sunday, we were ushered into God's presence with beautiful, meaning-full songs.  The sermon was on His Majesty.  Yes!!  The King!!!

It is amazing the God reveals Himself in His varied and awe-inspiring creation AND in His Word to us. 

After the sermon, we sang Chris Tomlin's "Indescribable" and at that line:

"You know my heart and you love me the same."

I lost it.  

He is MAJESTIC and I am not--I knew that.  And He knows that--He knows how selfish I am, how prone to wanting to be my own god, how broken I am.

AND God loves me in spite of it.  THAT overwhelmed me with such gratitude for His grace and love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment