Monday, October 19, 2015

Missing the Miracles

As I was composing my last post, it struck me that there are people who benefit from the way God answers the prayers of others. They don't see an answer because they never asked in the first place.

They simply miss the miracle.

Example:

If a plane has engine trouble, and a faithful soul cries out to God, and then the trouble is resolved, the faithful person thanks God.  All others on the plane are also safe.  Even though may not even consider God.  Some may swear off ever flying again.  Yet all benefit from an answered prayer.

When people aren't praying, they don't see that God is working. 

You may ask, "How do you know it was that person's prayer that kept them from engine failure.

I don't.  But if I were that person, I'd thank God, and give Him glory.  My faith would be strengthened.  My perception of God as good, as my safe place, as mighty and able would be confirmed.

That reminds me of a quote I saw once:

You can go about life as if everything is a miracle.  Or as if nothing is.

There is no way to know what God would have done if prayers hadn't been sent up.  His word tells us He acts when people pray.  So I pray.  

I have seen time and time again when something wonderful and totally unexplained happens--SOMEONE prayed for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment