Monday, October 12, 2015

WHY pray?

The way this series has started is really how my prayer time starts.  I get caught up in the wonder that the Almighty Creator of the Universe would even want to talk to me.

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,                 
what is man that you are mindful of him,    and the son of man that you care for him?
Psalm 8:3-4 

I spend a lot of time on just praising Him.  I spend time thinking about the amazing privilege I even have to speak to Him.  I pray I never lose that wonder and awe.

But WHY talk to Him?  Why pray?

I think it's an obvious, "Duh, the King wants to talk to you!"

More than that, He tells us in His word to pray.  He commands it actually.  He tells us to pray without ceasing.

God's Word also tells us that we affect things when we pray.  Our prayers make a difference.  We know that there are eternal things at stake.  We can make an eternal difference.  Wow!

This has been a point I've pondered--how my prayer affects the sovereign plan of God.  (I'll come back to this.)

When we pray, God acts and does things we cannot.  There are things we cannot accomplish--but when we pray, He does!!!  He changes hearts and minds.  He gives the breakthrough.  He breaks the stronghold.  We pray and ask God to do what only He can do.  And THAT gives Him glory.

If you love God and want to know Him and serve Him, then pray and watch Him move.



Click here for index of all #write31days posts in this PRAYER series.

No comments:

Post a Comment