February is always a full month. And truthfully, it's January that sees all the work. But I am grateful for the opportunity and am not complaining at all. I really am amazed that God would want to include me in the global effort to bring to Himself worshipers from every people group in the world.
As the GO Conference at Cypress wraps up, I want to look back at one of my most favorite parts, which is the Conference Prayer Room. There were several people involved in making it happen and I am deeply grateful for their time and ideas and energy.
As the GO Conference Prayer Room was coming together this year, someone noted that it wasn't a room where people came in to pray. We provided space for that, but I did agree with that observation. It was about giving information--that because of my bias--I assume will move people to pray and/or make them more effective in their intercession.
So we shared about the mind-numbing number of people who have no access to the Gospel--over THREE BILLION. We shared a little about how that looks on our planet--WHERE they are mostly located. And we shared about our own workers. THEN we made available a little resource, a small bookmark, to help people pray--for our workers and for unreached people.
My prayer is that more people will be praying. That in that practice, they will grow to be more like Jesus and participate in what He is doing around the world.
If you missed the bookmark, or if you simply want a simple guide for WHAT to pray, I humbly submit these points to you.
Praying for Global Workers:
Su Relationship with God
M Physical and emotional needs
Tu Family relationships
W Ability to communicate
Th Effective ministry
F Team relationships
Sa Country of service
(paraphrased from material from OMF International)
Global Team Posters are located at the welcome center and at the Missions Alcove (second on left of W101).
Praying for Unreached People Groups:
* For the Lord of Harvest to SEND WORKERS to:___________
* For workers to have BOLD WITNESS through verbal proclamation of the Gospel
* For workers to bring VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS of the Gospel (miracles, service,compassion, etc.)
* For PROTECTION and PERSEVERANCE of new believers when persecuted
* For MULTIPLICATION as disciple-making efforts become INDIGENOUSLY LED
(paraphrased from online article from Global Frontier Missions)
Unreached People Group cards
The cards we had and will continue to have (in W115) available for people to take and use with the bookmark/prayer guide were from Joshua Project.
My prayer is that YOU will join us in praying!
It is no secret that I am passionate about PRAYER. I strive to practice it more for myself. It is critical for deepening my relationship with God--and for allowing Him to transform me day by day. Also, for how I can intercede for others and be part of God's plan for them. Blows my mind away, really.
Any chance I have to talk about it so that others are helped, I will take it. Any chance to teach or help or make resources, my heart aches to serve. So, let me know how I can serve you! Happy to pray for you, share with you, walk with you--let me know. Leave a comment or contact me via FB or however else you know me.

No comments:
Post a Comment