Dear Younger Me:I wanted to shoot off a quick note to get this started. For the month of October, I am participating in the #write31days challenge. As my topic, I have chosen to write down those things I wish I could tell myself about the various seasons God has had me experience.
I will update the index below with the topic of my letter.
It's Sunday morning and I'm headed to church soon. I remember distinctly how you were in middle school and how you loathed going to church.
Can I tell you what I've learned?
how I finally saw what the problem was?
how I have learned about why I go to church?
I also want to tell you other things--about marriage and family and career choices. But today, once I get home, that's what I'll share.
For now I will leave you with something that reminded me of you, my middle-school self. This devotional from John Piper - The Most Liberating Discovery.
I am grateful that I have been set free.
--Cristina
#write31days challenge ACCEPTED!
1: Dear Younger Me
2: Misunderstanding Church and the "Christian Life"
3: Identity
4: Pride
5: Fear of Death
6: Running Far, Far Away
7: A Ring and a Promise
8: Real Education
9: Perfectionism
10: Live in Peace with Others
No comments:
Post a Comment