I am excited to see the Master at work.
I find a seat in the large auditorium.
Not many people here. I wonder when the show will start.
Already I can see the set, beautiful and prepared as an elegant backdrop to what the Master will do.
I can tell it took so much work to craft those beautiful pieces.
I hear a loud crash off the stage and begin to see things tip over and fall.
What is going on?
A few people start to trickle in to find their seats.
The louder the commotion, the more people come in.
Then the audience sees it and gasps. There is a beast circling the set, brushing up against things. Knocking things down, sometimes mercilessly pounding them to pieces.
Where is the Master?
I think I catch a glimpse of him as he steadies props and moves things out of the way of the beast.
But why doesn't he just stop the beast?
More people fill the seats.
I hear someone outside, "Get in the auditorium! We need people in their seats or the Master won't subdue the monster! He needs all of us!"
What? The Master can do what he wants, when he wants, he needs no one. I am looking at him now, circling around the beast. We make eye contact.
The Master's gaze tells me, 'Look around. I need them all to see what I can do. So I wait until they come in.'
The Master will do his work, all I can do is wait on Him. The person calling more people into the auditorium doesn't quite understand, but they are pointing people in. So that's good.
I look down at my ticket: "The Master Subdues the Beast"
He's going to do it.
I'll keep looking at the Master as he moves. Some are looking at the beast and are despairing. Some look at the broken and damaged set and are grieving.
I'll keep my eyes on the one I came to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment