In reality, I am a new creature and my birth wasn't on a November Sunday many years ago, but rather on a date I have no exact record of, on a day that I realized that True Life is found when I accepted what Jesus did for me.
And on that day, I knew I'd escaped hell, but I did not know I had received LIFE--a full life that can be enjoyed NOW.
Thank you, LORD, for giving me eyes to see.
I think of the blind man from John 9. The more he knows about Jesus, the more he responds to what he "sees," the more is revealed to him. As I walk this life, I want to continue to respond to what I see, to be obedient, to surrender, to KNOW my sweet Savior more.
What a treasure that the creator of the universe would choose to reveal Himself. I am beyond grateful for His Word. How else do you get to know someone unless they tell you about themselves?
And this Word, this bread is SUSTENANCE. The verse of the day:
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Matthew 4:4
To fuel this life I now live, I must feast on His Word. I am starving myself when I neglect His Word.
What else do I need to live? Water. Living Water.
Be filled with the Spirit.
Ephesians 5:18b
What else do I need to do? Breathe. Continuously, without stopping. PRAYER!
Pray continually
1Thessalonians 5:17
I'm sure there's more, but I'm simply enjoying these. The Lord fills His Word with pictures for us, but He also fills creation with them.
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Romans 1:20
Look for Him. Pray He opens the "eyes of your heart" to SEE HIM!
No comments:
Post a Comment