I wrote a few times past how I'd wished I'd gotten into a more disciplined study of God's Word way before I did. I recognize now that what kept me from committing is also precisely the reason I needed it.
My little children. I wish I could go back and make different choices. I know I can't. I know I can move forward and make choices that I can be proud of. Even if there is a pang of regret, I trust God to redeem.
Matthew 19:14 says:
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.And although I feel regret that I was the one that hindered my own children from coming to Jesus earlier, I also feel hope when I see that. And I want to tell many more--"I know if feels like it would be too hard, but being a mommy without being in God's Word is SO MUCH HARDER."
So, if you are not in some sort of Bible study where you are encouraged and fed and held accountable and prayed for, then find one! You won't regret it!
And don't let the enemy convince you that you don't need a steady diet of truth, that your kids don't need it. He will do anything he can to distract you and derail you--he hates you and your kids.
Press on!
No comments:
Post a Comment