Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fighting Trolls

Setting goals that matter is not easy.  Especially when there are so many voices telling me what kinds of goals I should even be setting--and whether the whole exercise is even worth it.

"Goals are for people who make money."

"Who cares what a stay-at-home homemaker wants to do with her life?"

"You can barely keep your head above water--what makes you think you have time to do EXTRA stuff?"

"Who wants to hear what you have to say?"

"You're a big fraud and if you start writing, people are going to find out."

"God's gonna do what He's going to do, just put your head down and keep truckin'."

"And even if you made goals, you don't have the discipline to follow through--you've failed before."


These kinds of things are the trolls that live in my mind, trying to drown out the truth.  The one that tells me I am valuable and important and necessary and able to impact others, equip them, encourage them.  I am HIS--and that's what really matters.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been going through some goal-setting exercises.  The first step was identifying those very trolls.  Calling them out as lies.  And of course, not because it was part of the process, but because I know the one who is called Truth, I also took the opportunity to CALIBRATE my thinking about myself and the world around me.

One of the days, the song, "The Voice of Truth" came on the radio.  :)  Thank you, Lord, for reminding me that YOU have given me vision and desires and You will accomplish things through me.

Philippians 1:6 rings in my ears:
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

I am excited to share more on my goals, including the one to launch a more purposeful blog soon.  I want to help, I want to encourage, so I need to know how I can best do that.

Will you leave me a comment or otherwise send me a message about how I could serve you?

In 2014, I asked God to make me more purposeful in my prayer life and more passionate about it--and He did!  So, I will be praying for this, and would love to pray for you--if you'll let me.  :)




1 comment: