Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Why does God even want to talk to us?

Of course, I cannot say for sure WHY God would want to talk to us, but I can think about what I do know, I can guess, I can string together things and ponder.

His Word tells us over and over that He is love, that He loves US.  More importantly, His Word tells us of an Almighty, Holy, Creator who is worthy of all worship.

If God created all things to give Him glory, to point back to Him, then God made us also to give Him glory.  I think of how God made the vast universe to declare His majesty.

He enjoys (and enjoyed in eternity past) perfect fellowship within the Trinity--He didn't NEED to make us.  He was not lonely.

The angels (not all of them) worship Him continuously.

But PEOPLE are made differently than angels.

We are told He made us in His image.  There is something about us that is unlike anything else He has made.

So, our CHOICE to desire and pursue fellowship with Him gives Him glory in a unique way.

Our relationship with Him brings Him glory.  I think He wants to talk to us because the deeper the relationship, the sweeter the friendship, the more we give God glory.

So can anyone talk to Him?  Does it matter how we relate to Him?

Like I mentioned before, Satan approached God to talk to Him (from the scenes in the book of Job)--yet was that God-glorifying communication?

Does it matter who we are and how we come to Him?



No comments:

Post a Comment